Basil Lavender Waffles December 21 2016, 0 Comments
2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp dried lavender
1 tsp Vanilla Dark Balsamic
2 tbsp honey
2 cups milk (or almond milk)
1/2 cup Basil Olive Oil
- Whip the egg whites into stiff peaks and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and lavender in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients, including egg yolks, and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together until no pockets of flour remain. The batter will be a little lumpy and that’s completely fine.
- Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Bake according to waffle manufacturers instructions.
- Serve with softened butter and Lavender Dark Balsamic.