Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans Feta and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Drizzle Strawberry Balsamic
- 1/2 cup Drizzle Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup broken or roughly chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 lb fresh strawberries , hulled and sliced
- 5 oz . feta cheese , crumbled
- 1/3 small red onion , thinly sliced (optional)
Add Drizzle Strawberry Balsamic to a small saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat and allow to simmer until reduced by half, about 10-15 minutes. Pour into a bowl, add Drizzle Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil, dijon mustard, honey and whisk to blend while seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Add pecans, brown sugar and butter to a small non-stick skillet and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly until sugar starts to melt and caramelize, about 2 - 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate in a single layer to cool.
In a salad bowl toss together spinach, strawberries, half of the feta, red onion almonds, and pecans. Drizzle about 1/3 of the dressing over salad then plate and drizzle remaining dressing over individual portions and top with remaining half of the feta. Serve immediately.
Leave a comment