Has a warm spicy flavor, with heavy notes of cinnamon's pungent sweetness. Traditionally chai teas are heavily sweetened and brewed with milk.
original chai brew:
- Bring to a boil 3 to 4 quarts of water.
- Lower the heat to a very low simmer and add 1/2 to 2/3 cups spice blend.
- Let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
You can always brew larger or smaller quantities depending on your needs. Just make adjustments in spice amounts and simmering times.
overnight chai brew::
- Simmer the spices for the 30 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it sit over night.
- Strain and store in your refrigerator to reheat a cup or pot at a time.
The long steep really helps to blend the flavors and gives plenty of time for everything to settle, making it easier to strain in the morning.
This chai will keep 5-7 days without milk or sweetners, add them when you're ready to drink a cup either hot or iced.
Traditionally Chai is very sweet, and you'll have to choose how sweet you like. It tastes great with honey, sugar or sweetener of your choice. Serve with 1/4 or 1/3 soy, almond or milk of your choice and tastes.
Ingredients: cinnamon, ginger, green cardamom pods, coriander, cloves, allspice, black pepper spices and black tea.