Our take on Olive Oil Cake, if you were lucky enough to try it at the Farm to Table Trade Meeting put on by Sustainable Connections, you can now make it at home!
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tsp. sea salt
1-1/3 cups Cobrancosa Olive Oil ( Or your favorite Single Varietal)
1-1/2 cups whole milk
3 whole eggs, room temperature
1. Whisk eggs & sugar until light & airy. Set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt all together.
3. Add milk & olive oil to egg mixture, gently fold together and incorporate into flour mixture.
4. Line prepared baking dish with olive oil, or butter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees, should take 15-18 minutes but will vary on your pan of choice.
6. Drizzle with fresh honey & olive oil and enjoy!